Saturday, December 13, 2008

Audio Archive

I was recently checking out the Society of Composers, Inc. website and I found a link to a fascinating audio archive.  The original 10 American Society of University Composers (ASUC)/SCI albums have been digitized and posted on the website.  The collection is quite interesting and the recordings seem vary diverse in style and ensemble.

I have not listened to all of the albums yet.  Currently, I have listened to three albums (#1, 2, 8).  While the quality of the transfer is not necessarily the best, it is good.  I look forward to making my way through the rest of the recordings.

This is truly an one-of-a-kind archive and is definitely worth checking out.  You can visit the archive by going to the SCI website: www.societyofcomposers.org or through the direct link: anton.som.ohio-state.edu/portal.

No comments: