Sunday, April 11, 2010

Formal Changes

In my last post I talked about changing the scope of Night Sky from a single-movement piece in ternary form to a multi-movement work.  I have decided that I will change Night Sky to a multi-movement piece.  Fortunately, there are not a lot of edits that need to be made in order for this change to be successful.  The transition between the A and B sections is distinct so I can make the spilt between movements there.  I may need to rework the ending of the new first movement to make it a little more convincing.  I will also need to look at the beginning of what will now be the second movement.  I am thinking about rewriting the beginning to make it stronger and more driving since that is one of the elements I wish to portray in this movement.

The one major change in this piece will be the third movement.  This movement will need to be more than just a return to the A section as initially planned as a part of the single movement structure.  However, I was not yet begun to work on this section, now movement, so there is no rewriting to be done.  I will just need to come up with some new ideas and tie in some ideas from the two previous movements to bring everything together.

I am still working out the movement titles.  I will post the titles when I settle on the names.

No comments: