Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Final edits for Flit completed

Yesterday afternoon I completed the final (for now) edits on the score for Flit for flute. After I finished entering the dynamics and expressions I listened to the piece through the basic MIDI playback. There were two sections in particular that I did not like.

One was the transition in the middle of the first section. These measures did not make sense to me, they did not fit. I cut out three of the measures and composed a transition the rhythmically and thematically made sense.

The next area that needed fixing was in the B section. In this case I mostly had to adjust the rhythms of certain measures. The rhythmic motion just seemed to stop.

So now the piece is finished. All that is left to do is send the piece to Greer Ellison and arrange a performance.

No comments: