Saturday, August 21, 2010

Listening Habits

Over the past year as I have posted my listening journals I have noticed that I do listen to a wide variety of music.  However, I feel like sometimes I almost go out of my way to listen to a lot of different things.  I am trying to not listen to the same pieces or composers over and over.  This was a pitfall of mine prior to creating the journal.

Another thing I have noticed about my listening habits is that I do not listen to many complete albums.  This was due in part to me not making enough time to sit and listen to an album.  About a month ago I decided that I would make time and listen to at least one album on my days off from work (about two each week).  With this in mind I thought that at least one of those CDs each week would be from the same composer so that I would end up listening to all of the compositions for which I have recordings of by that composer.  I have started with György Ligeti since I have all but one of the György Ligeti Edition from Sony Classical and all of The Ligeti Project on Teldec.  The great thing about these two collections is that there is no overlap of pieces.

No comments: