Saturday, January 30, 2010

Vocal setting rewritten

This past Monday I was off from work.  So I took advantage of the day off and spent some time rewriting the vocal line for Mutability.  I was almost able to complete the revision.  I say almost because I thought I was done until I started inputting it into Finale when I realized I accidentally skipped a line.  Specifically the third line of the second stanza.  I guess that is what I get when I try to do some of the text from memory.

That is an easy fix.  I was able to draw out a secondary theme in the process, which was one of my primary goals.  Now I can focus on writing the accompaniment paying close attention to the harmonic language.  As I have stated before, earlier versions of the piece were a little too harmonically stagnant.

No comments: