Friday, May 28, 2010

Another formal change

Last weekend I finished what was to be the third movement of Night Sky.  As I began to work on the second movement I started thinking about how I was going to develop the sixteen measures I was composing.  As I stopped for the night to get ready for bed, my mind kept working.  I began to think about going back to my original concept and make this a single-movement piece.  I made a note to myself about it and decided to sleep on it.

As I thought more about it, my ideas made sense.  I began to get excited.  I could see how all of these pieces could fit together to make a cohesive piece.  Currently my challenge is to create a connecting bridge between what was the first and third movements.  I have ideas, I just need to flesh them out.

No comments: