Friday, October 17, 2008

The purpose of this blog...

I have decided to create this blog as an attempt to journal my compositional process.  On Saturday, October 18, 2008 I will begin a new piece of music.  Details of the piece have yet to be decided.  These are the some of the things that I will chronicle.  I will attempt to scan and post images of the sketches I create in order to further illustrate the compositional process.

It is my hope that the blog entries will occur a minimum of 3 times a week.  I will make a serious effort to post to this blog every day that I work on this piece.  I will attempt to scan and post images of sketches and other related materials to the compositional process.  Not all post will be of the composition I am working on.  There will be days in which the blog post will focus on compositional related activities, such as readings, recordings I listen to or concerts I attend.  All activities will have a direct bearing on the compositional process.

It is my hope to bring insight into the compositional processes of the modern composer.  Please keep in mind that most of the processes are unique to my compositions; however there are processes and techniques that a lot of composers use as well.

Brian

No comments: