Sunday, March 15, 2009

First draft of sketch completed

Last Sunday, March 8th, I finished the first sketch of Shadows of Dreams for flute quartet.  This is only a sketch of the piece.  There are many sections that need to be filled in.  Some harmonies and counterpoint need to be added or expanded.  Articulations and dynamics need to be finished.  This sketch is however a huge step towards finishing the piece.

My hope is that over he next 2 weeks I can complete the sketch and begin notating the score in Finale.  I would like to get the score to Greer Ellison, director of the UC Santa Cruz Flute Ensemble for whom this piece was composed, by the end of March.

Right now Shadows of Dreams is just over 10 minutes in duration (approximately).  This could change as I complete the score.  There are one or two sections that I may wish to expand as I continue to work on this quartet.

No comments: