Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First bits of feedback

I was happy to see an email from Adam Noel waiting for me when I got home from work on Monday.  He wanted to tell me that he had the band read through Night Sky and it was a success.  Some of the comments he heard from the students included "epic" and "cool."

I can imagine that playing this piece would be a special event for many of the students because they know it was composed for them.  There is a sense of pride that comes from such an event.  There will likely be a different energy behind the performance because the student might be more excited to play this piece.

I am very excited to hear Night Sky.  I know the students are going to put their all into the performance.  I am also looking forward to working with the students.  It is very encouraging to hear positive things after the first rehearsal.  There was one minor mistake in the score, specifically in the tenor sax part.  However, I will gladly take that minor mistake over a disastrous reading since it was a quick and easy fix.

Thank you Adam for making this possible!

No comments: