Friday, February 27, 2009

Molding a section

I have been holding to my goals for this week.  Since Sunday I have been composing at least one hour each day.  It has been a very productive time for me.  I was able to join together 2 sketches I had been working on, I decided on a title and I have solidified my vision for this piece.  Over the last few days I have been working on the next section.  I started off with a blank slate trying to create melodic ideas and motives on which to bases this section.  From there I selected the parts that I liked and tried to expand them.  Today I was able to sketch out the beginning of this section.  The next step is to compose a transition so that I can combine this section into the piece.  This will probably be my focus for tomorrow.

I am really happy with my progress.  After the work I have done this week, I believe that finishing this quartet by the end of March is an attainable goal.

No comments: