Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shadows of Dreams finished

About ten days ago I finished Shadows of Dreams for flute quartet.  The music has been entered into Finale.  The score and parts have been emailed to Greer Ellison, director of the University of California Santa Cruz Flute Ensemble.

It is such a relief to have finished the piece.  I really enjoyed working on it and yet there is a tremendous satisfaction in handing over the completed score to an ensemble who is interested in performing the work.

I am eager to hear back from Greer to get some feed back about my piece and to receive confirmation that Shadows of Dreams will be performed on a concert in June.

I will post further updates about this piece as time goes on.  I will also post some more sketches and drafts and talk a bit about my compositional process.  At this time I plan on waiting about another week before I take another look at it.  This will allow me to look at the piece with fresh eyes.

No comments: