Monday, October 5, 2009

Challenge update

This weekend I challenged myself to compose a song for Dream Cycle.  The text I chose was one I have been considering as an "interlude" song, Walt Whitman's I Dream'd in a Dream.  When finished this song will be the 3rd completed song, and 4th overall as I am currently working on Mutability as well.  I was unable to finish the song this weekend.  However, I did sketch out the entire accompaniment and the first two (of five) lines of text.  I would say that this song is about 60-70% completed.  After I finish the sketch this week, I will need to spend some time revising it.  I feel that there are a couple of measures that could use some tightening up.  Right now I am happy with my progress and I should be done with the song by the end of the week.

No comments: