Saturday, October 10, 2009

"I Dream'd in a Dream" sketch completed

This afternoon I completed the sketch for my song, I Dream'd in a Dream.  My intent for this song was to give the accompaniment a simplistic and open quality.  I feel as if I accomplished that.  Tomorrow, I will continue to input the song into Finale.  There are a few measures in which I need to fill out, but the primary accompaniment and the vocal line is finished.  As I edit the score and look at it more closely, I may decide to revise sections.  This is a natural process for me as I always continue to edit and revise my music as I enter it into Finale.

I hope to post some sketches of the song and talk more about the process in the next few days.  Right now I am happy this song is pretty much done.  Now I can refocus my energy on the song Mutability.

No comments: