Saturday, December 26, 2009

Unused concepts for Dream Cycle

As I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the end of my Dream Cycle I have taken a look back at a couple of my undeveloped ideas.  There are two texts that I considered using, but did not use.  The first is a text by Christina Georgina Rossetti entitled Mirage.  As you know, I am using Rossetti's Echo as the final song of the cycle.  Mirage is a beautiful three-stanza poem about things not always being what you want them to be.

The other text is an original poem I wrote around 2002 entitled Nights When I Dream.  This is a very personal effort for me.  I wrote this when I was coming to terms with moving from Bowling Green, OH to Eugene, OR.  This poem is also a reflection of my personal feelings and beliefs.

I may yet decide to put these texts into song and either expand Dream Cycle or possibly make a sequel to the song cycle.  Only time will tell.

No comments: