Sunday, February 28, 2010

Preliminary Exercises Completed

This week I completed Book 1, Part 1 of Études Scéniques.  I began these études as a way for me to work on simplifying my musical language.  I do feel as if this "experiment" was successful.  To clarify I only consider this an experiment because it is not something I normally do.  I have composed 5 études in this first set.  The overall duration of this set is around nine minutes.  I still have not settled on an instrument for these études.  However, I do not think that a particular instrument is that important.  On my keyboard I was using clarinet sounds and I have considered trying to play through these on trumpet.

This first set is a series of simple études.  I will continue adding to the études as I begin new works or need to work out some issues in current projects.  The titles of these études are:

1. Cool Breeze Blows
2. Evening's Dawn
3. Sun-Drenched Fields
4. Rolling Hills
5. Shaded Path

No comments: