Friday, January 14, 2011

Composing Session: January 13, 2011

Ahhh... to be composing again.  The holidays were busy, but fun.  However, I am glad to get back to composing.  Yesterday, was a very productive day.  Often I find that my first day back is slow going.  I think I was able to get a lot done in part because I started off by editing parts.  In a way it eased me back into the right mindset.

I spent the first half of my day editing the parts for Night Sky.  After completing the parts I started to look at Time in Memoriam.  I began by looking at the B section.  Since I have some clear ideas of how to proceed it was a good place to start.  In the end I was able to sketch the first twenty measures of the B section.  Then I went back and finished orchestrating the final six measures of the A section leading into the B section.  In all I have composed about six minutes and fifteen seconds of music.

I am very happy with the progress I made yesterday and I am excited to continue to work on Time in Memoriam.

No comments: