Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Performance blog: UCSC Flute Studio Recital - June 5, 2009

On Friday, June 5, 2009 the UCSC Flute Choir undertook, once again, Shadows of Dreams.  The performance was a part of the the Flute Studio Recital.  This was one of the rare times in which I did not attend the performance of one of my pieces.  My wife and I had already made the two and a half hour journey to Santa Cruz twice in the span of a week.  One time for a rehearsal and once for the premiere.  I did not have the time, or the money, to travel once again to hear them play my piece, though I kind of wish I could have.  I did receive the recording so I was able to hear this performance.

Upon listening to this recording it was clear that it was not as strong of a performance as the one on June 2nd.  The concert took place at the end of the school year and I could tell that fatigue was setting in.  All in all I will say that I am not disappointed with the whole experience.  I had a lot of fun composing the piece, meeting the performers and hearing the performances.  Thank you Greer Ellison and the UCSC Flute Choir. 

No comments: