Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Website Updates

As a composer, more often than not you have to do everything for your music except perform the piece.  However, there are many times where the composer plays his or her own piece.  While there is value to that, I feel that it is more rewarding to have someone else interpret and perform my music.

One aspect of being a composer that I neglect or have difficulty maintaining is my public relations.  Until recently I did not make the extra effort to establish connections and solicit performances of my music.  One aspect of my PR that I have been spending a lot of time on lately is my website.  I recently came across "Yahoo Media Player" a module for my website that has made streaming audio much more manageable.

As a result I decided to give my personal website a facelift.  I am trying to give it its own identity that is different than New Music Forum.  I have been uploading numerous mp3s, pdfs of scores and pictures.  My hope is that it will act as an agent of sorts for my music.  This site will give people the opportunity to explore my music and possibly create more performance opportunities for me.

Here is a link to my website: http://newmusicforum.com/BrianBice/BrianBice/tabid/56/Default.aspx. A permanent link is located on the left.

No comments: