Monday, November 23, 2009

Rethinking the website

As many of my friends and family know I run a website dedicated to the promotion of contemporary classical music: New Music Forum, www.newmusicforum.com.  This has been a pet project of mine for years.  However, I have not been able to devote the time and resources necessary to take the site to the next level (whatever that is).  My work on the site would come in fits and starts.

One great thing that has come out of New Music Forum is the annual Festival of Contemporary Music.  This concert series was born out of the overall concept of New Music Forum.  This is truly a project that I am proud of and amazed each year at how much the concert series has grown.

I am currently in the process of rethinking my goals for New Music Forum.  Let me make one thing clear: New Music Forum is not going away.  I want to retool the site so that it becomes more of an information resource where multiple people contribute.

A good friend of mine, who is also the website host, has recently turned me on to Word Press.  He has setup a prototype site in New Music Forum for me to mess around with and learn how to use Word Press.  If this is successful, in other words if I like what I see, then is would be easy for me to migrate New Music Forum to a Word Press site.

Right now I do not know what I want to do.  I will be spending time over the next couple of weeks playing with the Word Press version of New Music Forum.  I will give updates about my progress with the website as it is an important project to me.

No comments: