Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fixing the diagrammatic sketch

On Thursday I spent my composing time fixing the diagrammatic sketch for Time in Memoriam.  For the most part this required me to shrink the sound walls in the first section to half the duration.  I opted to keep the sections between the three sound walls at about the same duration.  I did not think it was necessary to change them.  These adjustments have taken at least one minute off the duration, though it is probably closer to a minute and a half.

Now that I have made the corrections, I have to say that the sketch looks right.  I am not saying that the original sketch looked wrong, rather it looked awkward.  In hindsight I kept thinking in the back of my head that something was not right.  At the time I just could not put my finger on it.

No comments: