Saturday, August 28, 2010

Treasure Hunting

One of the things I like to do is go to Rasputins, a local record store that sells a lot of new and used CDs, and see what kind of treasure I can find.  I could spend hours looking through the used CD sections trying to find things that I might want at a low price.  This past Thursday was a particularly good day to go to Rasputins.  I was looking at though the "closeout" section for classical CDs and I actually found four CDs I wanted.  What make it even better is that the "closeout" CDs are priced at $1.95 or $2.95 each and they were "buy three get one free."  Below I have listed the CDs I bought.  Overall, I am happy with my purchase.

Michael Daugherty - Metropolis Symphony - Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Astor Piazzolla - Hommage à Piazzola - Gidon Kremer, violin and others
Piano Music of John Adams and Terry Riley - Gloria Cheng-Cochran, piano
Florencio Asenjo - Orchestral Works - Bohuslav Martinu Philharmonic

No comments: