Friday, August 6, 2010

New Piece for Another Ensemble

Recently I began sketching my next piece for wind ensemble.  The piece is called Time in Memoriam.  I am composing this piece for Lee Morrison and the high school wind ensemble at the New World School for the Arts in Miami, Florida.  I have known Lee for about ten years since we were graduate students at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.  I had first proposed the idea of composing a piece for his ensemble just after I had approached Adam Noel about writing a piece for his band.

I am excited about this new project because the wind ensemble at the New World School for the Arts is an advanced group.  This will provide a new set of challenges for me.  I do have some interesting ideas for this piece and I am looking forward to developing them and composing this piece.

No comments: