Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Composing Session: March 26, 2011

Most of my composing time on Saturday was spent editing the score for Time in Memoriam.  After completing the orchestration last week I printed off a copy of the score.  I have been marking the dynamics and expressions on this copy.  I still have one or two sections to mark before I begin entering these markings into Finale.

In this process I noticed a couple of inconsistencies in my score.  In the B section there are phrases that come back and I saw that in a couple of them parts were missing.  I will need to go over these sections again and fix the omissions.

Editing the score for dynamics and expressions is a tedious yet crucial part of the composition process.  While I am not looking forward to inputting them into Finale, I am excited about completing Time in Memoriam.

No comments: