Friday, March 25, 2011

My cats seem to know...

It is funny how pets seem to understand the emotions of their "parents."  The past couple of days have been busy and difficult for me.  I am sure that my cats sensed it.  Stewie, my orange tabby, is not normally a lap cat.  He will lay next to me or even cuddle up against me, but often he does not sit on my lap.  Last night Stewie climbed on my lap and he laid there for about two hours.  While he was there I was trying to write last night's blog entry in my notebook.  At one point Stewie stretched out and pinned down my arm so I could not write.  It was like he was trying to say, "Just relax and watch television."

Later that night Jasper, my brown (grey) tabby, did something he does not normally do.  I laid down to go to sleep and he jumped up on the bed and curled up next to my chest.  Jasper slept there, next to me, almost all night.

I really do think that our pets are really in tune with our emotions.  They seem to understand what we are feeling and they do things to help us feel better.

No comments: