Monday, March 28, 2011

A Follow-up Response

I recently sent the scores and parts to three of my bass trombone pieces to bass trombonist Jonathan Warburton.  Jonathan is someone who contacted me back in January asking about my bass trombone pieces.  I sent Jonathan Incursion for bass trombone, Concerto for Bass Trombone and Chamber Orchestra and Obscured Ruminations for bass trombone and chamber orchestra.

Jonathan wrote back to me a couple of days ago telling me he received the scores.  He seems to like my Bass Trombone Concerto.  He has asked me for the parts to this piece.  He also commented that he has almost learned the solo part.

I am excited about this.  Not only do I get my music into someone else's hands, but it sounds like there is a chance that the concerto will be performed again.  It may also lead to an opportunity to expand this piece by adding a couple of movements or the composition of a new piece for Jonathan.

No comments: