Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sketch completed for Trackings No. 2, movement 6

Yesterday, I composed what will be the sixth movement of Trackings No. 2.  When I began working on this piece my intent was to expand several movements of Birches for cello and bass.  However, yesterday I was looking at a short sketch for piano I composed for a counterpoint class a few years ago.  I thought that it would be an interesting basis for a movement of Trackings No. 2.  I easily saw how I could incorporate the cello and bass in to this sketch.  After working out the orchestration, I developed the rest of the sketch to finish the movement.

There are still two movements left to compose, the third and the fifth.  I plan on composing these other two movements after I have finished the score for Time in Memoriam.  My hope is to complete the rest of Trackings No. 2 by mid to late April.

No comments: