Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time in Memoriam score is completed

On Saturday, April 16, 2011 I completed the score for Time in Memoriam.  This wind ensemble piece is composed for Lee Morrison and the New World School for the Arts High School Wind Ensemble.

There were times in the compositional process in which I wondered if this piece would ever be completed. The form and direction changed so many times that this piece hardly resembles the diagrammatic sketch I created when I first started thinking about this piece.

I am excited to have completed this piece.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  I look forward to receiving feedback from Lee.  It is such a relief to finish a piece like this.  The next step is to extract, edit and print the parts.  That is when the whole package will be done.

No comments: