Monday, April 11, 2011

Upcoming Projects

With the bulk of the work for Time in Memoriam completed I have begun to play my next composition.  I have been thinking about what piece I want to have performed on the 9th Annual Festival of Contemporary Music.  I have been in contact with flautist Greer Ellison about writing a piece for her to play on the Festival.  She is interested, so that is a possibility.  Right now I am uncertain if it will be a solo piece or a duo or a trio (probably no bigger).  I will need to contact Greer to see what she might be interested in.

I am also starting to plan my next wind ensemble piece.  I have a couple of "feeler" emails out right now to a couple of friend of mine who conduct high school or junior high bands.  I am checking to see if they would be interested in a new piece for their band.  I am now waiting to see who responds to the email.  My goal is to compose two or three pieces in the next year.  At the point I will be able to create a flyer and try to market the wind ensemble music.

In the meantime my first priority will be to complete the two unfinished movements of Trackings No. 2.  Even if it is finished in time, it is unlikely that this piece will be performed until next year (hopefully at the FCM).  This is due to budgetary concerns.  However, the piece will be finished within the next month.

No comments: