Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time to turn out the parts

About ten days ago I sent Lee Morrison the score for Time in Memoriam via email.  He wrote to me today saying that the piece looks good.  As it turns out the ensemble has a concert on Friday and then they are going to start looking at new music.  Lee has asked me to email him the parts so the wind ensemble can read the piece next week.

This is great news.  So I guess now it is time to turn out the parts so that the New World School for the Arts High School Wind Ensemble can read Time in Memoriam.  Unfortunately this adds a lot to my already busy work load.  I am working on re-extracting parts for my Bass Trombone Concerto to send to bass trombonist Jonathan Warburton.  I am also in the middle of re-orchestrating Off you go... for a possible performance in July.  For this piece I am changing the percussion part to a piano part.  I am going to be busy, but it is all good.

No comments: