Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A busy month

April 2011 was a very busy compositional month for me.  Which is why I did not post as many entries here and my Listening Journals were short for a couple of weeks.  All-in-all it was a good month.  I finished Time in Memoriam including the editing of the parts.  I set up my next new composition, though I have not decided on the complete instrumentation yet.  I also received a request for a set of parts for my Concerto for Bass Trombone and Orchestra.

In addition to all of that I had to review submissions for the 9th Annual Festival of Contemporary Music.  This is a process that takes up a lot of my time.  However it is something I have enjoyed doing for the last nine years.  The program for this years FCM is set and more details will be made available in a future post.

I look forward to what May will bring.  I hope to stay busy, yet be able to spread out the projects.  It always seems that everything comes to me in bunches.  For once I would like a little breathing room between deadlines.

No comments: