Sunday, May 8, 2011

Should have double checked

So last Sunday I emailed parts for Time in Memoriam to Lee Morrison.  As I was creating the PDF part I did not double check to make sure that the formatting came out right.  Of course it was not right.  The original page size of the score is 11"x17".  When I extracted the parts I reduced the page size to 8.5"x11".  However this did not change the printer format size to 8.5"x11".  It was still set at 11"x17".  So all of the parts came out as 8.5"x11" on 11"x17" paper.  When printed to 8.5"x11" paper the printed area came out smaller.  Lee emailed me about the problem so I spent about an hour on Monday recreating the PDF parts, this time in the correct size.  Monday evening I sent the parts to Lee.  Now I know I should have double checked the parts.

No comments: