Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trackings No. 2, movement 5 - score completed

On Wednesday I completed the 5th movement of Trackings No. 2 for cello, double bass and piano.  The title of this movement is Dream.  In this movement I worked with disjunct themes and ideas.  I tied them together with an underlying harmonic progression.

With the completion of the 5th movement this means that all six movements of Trackings No. 2 are complete.  At this time the only thing left to do is to edit the score in its entirety.  All of the movements are in one file, I just need to edit the six movements to make sure the formatting is consistent.

Over the next few weeks I will be shopping the piece around trying to see if there is interest in it.  I am not going to limit my search to cello, double bass and piano performers.  I will check out piano trios and if I need to re-orchestrate the piece then so be it.

No comments: