Saturday, June 18, 2011

bicemusic.com: Page added - Age Of...

Age Of... is the second piece I had composed.  The pitch material comes from a twelve-tone row I constructed for a music theory class in Fall 1997.  The first three tones of the row are A-G-E, hence the title.  The ensemble for which the piece was composed is different: flute, soprano saxophone, horn and tuba.  I chose these instruments in part because of people I knew who could play the piece.  In addition, I chose this ensemble because I was not interested in writing for a more "traditional" ensemble at the time.

The page for Age Of... can be found under the Chamber Music heading at bicemusic.com.  On this page you will find information about the piece, a PDF of the score and a recording created at a recording session in October 1998.

bicemusic.com/?page_id=440

No comments: