Wednesday, June 8, 2011

bicemusic.com: Page added - Dissolution

I have just added a page on bicemusic.com for Dissolution.  This is a piece I composed in 2003 for flute, bass clarinet, vibraphone, chimes, violin and cello.  In Dissolution I began experimenting with time using a concept I call durative notation.  In this type of notation the time signature is abandoned as melodic and thematic fragments are repeated and different sections are marked by cues.

On this page there is a recording from the premiere performance on February 24, 2003 to which you can listen.  There is also a PDF version of the score so you can see how I notated this piece.  You can access this page in the composition menu under the chamber music submenu or by clicking here: http://bicemusic.com/?page_id=405.

No comments: