Sunday, June 12, 2011

bicemusic.com: Page added - The Winding Road

I have just added the information page on bicemusic.com for The Winding Road.  This piece exists in two versions: euphonium and piano and clarinet in A and piano.  The version for euphonium and piano is the first piece I ever composed.  When I first took composition lessons my teacher Jeffrey Miller suggested that I write a piece for a familiar instrument.  I selected euphonium because it was an instrument I played.  I did an arrangement of The Winding Road for my graduate recital in spring 2000.  I chose clarinet to bring out the light and playful aspects of the melody.

Both versions of The Winding Road are available for listening and viewing.  Feel free to listen to both versions and let me know which you like better.  You can access this page under the chamber music heading of the compositions tab or by going to this website. http://bicemusic.com/?page_id=419.

No comments: