Tuesday, June 21, 2011

bicemusic.com: Page added - Sleep's Journey

Sleep’s Journey is my first work for solo piano.  It was also the first piece I composed as a Master’s student at Bowling Green State University.  I distinctly remember the composition lessons with Burton Beerman.  I learned a lot from him and the rest of the composition faculty at Bowling Green State University, but that is a story for another time.

The following statement taken from the program notes sums up this piece quite nicely:
This piece represents a dream or a sequence of dreams one might have during the night.  Sometimes in dreams, ideas and streams of thought can be broken or interrupted without notice taking the dreamer to another place and time.

Sleep’s Journey was composed during September and October 2000.  I revised this piece in the summer of 2001.  On the page for this piece you will find the complete program notes, score and recording from the premiere of the original version.  I do not currently have a recording of the revision.  I am trying to locate a recording and will post it when (or if) I get it.

http://bicemusic.com/?page_id=457

No comments: