Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Composing Session: September 28, 2010

Yesterday I spent some time working on the fourth movement of Trackings No. 2.  The main focus of this session was to complete the first twenty-eight measures.  For this section, the ground work was set, I mostly needed finish the ostinato in the piano.  I also had to rework the first half of the piano melody in measures twenty five to twenty eight.  I still need to compose the second half of the melody which picks up at measure twenty nine.

I like what I have done in this movement.  I eliminated a second layer of the accompaniment which starts at measure five.  It seemed to me that this did not add enough for me to keep it in.  The main thing that needs to be overhauled is the transition starting at measure thirty five.  This four measure transition will bring the piece back around to a recap of the beginning.

No comments: