Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Here's to a better September

August 2010 was, for all intents and purposes, a horrible month.  My wife and I had probably the worst couple of weeks financially we have seen.  My wife's car was repossessed and this was probably the least dramatic of our struggles.  The car was going to breakdown anyways and was not worth the repair bill.  My wife is still unemployed.  The saddest and most depressing thing that happened was that our cat, Fozzie, passed away.  This is by far the worst thing that has happened to us in a long time.  Usually when I am stressed out or depressed, I could go find Fozzie and pet him or play with him and I would feel better.  However, that part of my support system is gone.  At the same time Fozzie was suffering from FIP and while he lost that battle, he is no longer suffering.  Fozzie was only two years old, but he made my and Melissa's life a thousand times better just for being apart of it.

It is my hope that the new month brings a change in luck for me and my wife.  We have struggled long enough.  I know that it will take more than luck to turn things around for us.

No comments: