Friday, September 17, 2010

Listening Overdrive

Last week I used up the last of my vacation days from work.  As evidenced by my last listening journal post I did a lot of listening.  I listened to a total of seven CDs.  The Rite of Spring recording is number seven as it is the only piece on the CD; however I did not list it as a CD, only a piece.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to listen to a lot of music this past week.  The musical styles were varied as I did not listen to only 20th and 21st Century music.  I will say that at times it seemed as if the music started to sound the same.  I guess my ears were not used to doing so much "concentrated" listening.  I do wish that I would be able to make time to listen to at least one CD each day.  Right now I will settle for fifteen to twenty minutes each day.

No comments: