Saturday, July 31, 2010

Immersion Day

Today I will have a prime opportunity to get a lot of work done.  My wife, who unfortunately is unemployed, has temp work for a catering company at the University of the Pacific tonight! My plan is to dedicate five or six hours tonight to composing and related activities.  Here are my goals for today.

• Polish the 1st movement of Trackings No. 2
• Enter the revisions, into Finale, for the 2nd movement of Trackings No. 2
• Create more preliminary sketches for Time in Memoriam
• Start sketching the introduction for Time in Memoriam
      These are not lofty goals.  They are ones that are easily attained.  I have learned to not create too many goals as there are always things that come up or some goals that take longer to achieve than originally thought.  Also, I still need to decide what other tasks I would like to accomplish with my time.  Likely I will push on and revise a sketch for one of the other movements of Trackings No. 2 or I may decide to expand the sketch beyond the introduction for Time in Memoriam.

      Right now all I know is that it will be a good day because all can get some composing done and, most importantly, my wife will be working today!

      No comments: