Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sketch completed for Trackings No. 2, movement 2

This afternoon I completed the sketch for the second movement of Trackings No. 2.  There are only one or two sections in which I am considering doing some revision.  Even then most of the revisions would consist of adding tones to the piano chords to eliminate some of the "hollow" sound created by the octaves.

The next step for this sketch is to finish adding the phrase markings and expressions and to enter the dynamics in all voices.

I like the approach I have taken for this movement.  As I wrote in a previous post, I wanted to draw out the pseudo-waltz feel that was present in the middle section of the original cello and double bass sketch.  I believe that I was quite successful in doing so.  I was able to compose two melodies that have similar contours, but a noticeably different feel about them.

No comments: