Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sketch completed for Trackings No. 2, movement 1

Over the past couple of days I have finished the full sketch of the first movement of Trackings No. 2.  Like all of my sketches this does not mean necessarily mean that the movement is finished.  This means that I have finished a draft and there are sections in which I am going to look into making minor revisions.

One section in particular that I need to look at starts at measure 27 in the piano.  In this section, I need to look at the harmonic language I used.  I am thinking that maybe it would be better to used harmonies similar to those used in the cello and double bass beginning in measure 30.  This could tie the two sections together better.

Aside from that section there are some notes and rhythms here and there that could use some touch up, but I think this movement is pretty much set.

No comments: